The Power Center
Duquesne collaborated with the City of Pittsburgh through the Urban Redevelopment Authority, with the Uptown community and private developers to continue the revitalization of Pittsburgh's historic Uptown neighborhood. The Power Center added tens of millions of dollars to the $300 million economic impact that Duquesne has on our region.
Power Recreation Center
- 80,000 square feet dedicated to recreation and fitness
- Card access entrance
- Two elevators, communicating stairwell
- DU only access to floors 2, 3, 4
- Modern cardio-fitness exercise equipment
- Basketball and racquetball courts
- Locker rooms, exercise and dance studios
Barnes & Noble Bookstore and Café
The bookstore covers two floors and offers a robust textbook rental program that allows students to save up to 80% off the purchase price of a new book. The store carries a wide selection of Duquesne clothing and gifts. We also offer a full-service general reading book section, plus a Barnes & Noble café serving snacks, sandwiches, and Starbucks coffee. The bookstore accepts all forms of payment including Student Financial Aid, Duquesne Dollars, and Barnes & Noble gift cards.
(412) 434-6626 | Online Bookstore
We encourage students to purchase textbooks ahead of time online through the Duquesne
Bookstore. To get your textbooks before arriving on campus, you can conveniently order
them online and have them shipped to your home.
Follow these easy steps to place your order:
- Log into DORI
- From a PC, click "Find Textbooks" under "Additional Links" (on a phone, click "Additional Links" then "Find Textbooks")
- Click "Find View Customized Booklist/Order Books Now"
- Enter current term (Fall 2022)
- Booklist shows all ISBN, pricing and rental information for your registered classes
Order for delivery to your home or dorm room.*
你也可以提交你的订单 via form. Use the "Course Materials Concierge" to sign in or search by class.
*If you've selected "in-store pickup" when placing your order, please wait for the email notification that "Your Order is Ready for Pickup" before arriving at the bookstore. Order processing may take up to 72 hours. Contact us with any questions.
- Returns/Refunds: Fall deadline is Friday, September 2, 2022. DO NOT open shrink-wrapped packages or access any online access codes until you are
sure about purchase.
- Safety and Convenience: Beat the traffic and stay safe-have your books shipped to your home before you move
- Savings: Choose the format that you prefer. Remember, used copies are 25% cheaper. Rental
and digital pricing is based on the demand of each individual title (see available
format prices on our website). Rentals can be considerably cheaper, but require that
you promptly return them at the end of the semester.
- Payment: Parents have the option to pay for your textbooks and provide your name for in-store
pick-up, unless they have the books shipped to your home.
- TIP: Use your Duquesne email address when placing orders to avoid any confusion for you
and your parents (especially if there are updates about your order and when the rentals
are due for return at the end of the semester).
- Rental Returns: Return your rentals to the bookstore or ship them back for a small fee ($5 UPS flat
fee shipping label available for any quanity of books. The fee applies to each label
- Peace of Mind: If a professor or department changes course material, we will work with them and
with you on refunds.
Duquesne Student Union
The Duquesne Union offers dining, student services, administrative offices and meeting rooms to serve all members of the Duquesne community.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00am
- Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am
All departments and recognized student organizations are eligible to reserve rooms on campus. Non-Duquesne organizations interested in reserving University facilities, please visit Conference and Event Services for more details.
Student Union Building Directory
- Dining - The Incline, Room 123
- Meeting Room - Room 109
- NiteSpot, Room 108A
- Commuter Lounge, Room 120-122
- Commuter Affairs, Room 117
- Computer Lab, Room 112
Student Organization Offices
- Encore, Yearbook, Lexicon, Room 101
- Circle K, Room 102
- Crossroads Christian Fellowship, Room 103
- Strong Women Strong Girl, Room 104
- International Students Organization, Room 105
- SORC Room, Room 106
- SGA Senate Office, Room 106 A
- Commuter Council, Room 114
- Vending Machines
- Student Lounge
Shops and Dining
- Computer Store
- PNC ATM
- Parking and DU Card Services, Room 210
- IT Service Desk, Room 216
- Health Service, Room 233
- Lost and Found
- Student Organization Offices
- Student Organization Mailboxes
- Campus Phone
- Helium Rental
- Building Support
- Outdoor Games
- Africa Room
- Les Idees Art Gallery, Room 301 (Student Life Only)
- Center for Excellence in Diversity & Student Inclusion, Room 302
- Center for Student Involvement, Room 305
- Freshman Development, Disability Services and Orientation, Room 309
- Parent Relations, Room 313
- Greek Life, Honor Societies and Professional Organizations, Room 315
- Parkhurst Dining Office Manager, Room 317
- Parkhurst Catering, Room 318
- Technical Services, Room 320
- Mission Animation, Room 325
- Conference & Event Services, Room 326
- Dining Services, Room 333
- Student Union Events, Room 335
Student Organization Offices
- Black Student Union, Room 302 A
- Duquesne Program Council, Room 303
- Student Government Association, Room 305
- Orientation, Room 309A
- Best Buddies, Room 320
- Gamma Sigma Sigma, Room 322
- Nursing Mothers Room
- Student Lounge
- Broadcast Center
- Global Engagement, Room 601
- Study Abroad, Room 601
- Center for Career Development, Room 614